Home ] My Bio ] My Books ] Connect with Me ] [ Fragments of a ... ]

Made Whole Podcasts

1Fragments final frontcover.jpg.jpg (12949460 bytes) Fragments of a Shattered Soul Made Whole

Fragments here 1.png (1380053 bytes)  Fragments here 2.png (1371385 bytes)  Fragments is here (3).JPG (3156213 bytes)  Fragments is here (5).JPG (3127825 bytes)

"Fragments of a Shattered Soul Made Whole"

Read An Excerpt


About the Book:  

A memoir that reads like a novel, “Fragments of a Shattered Soul Made Whole” spans the whole array of human emotions. 

Lyn Ayre’s story will resonate with many who struggle with their own challenges. This book gives us all an opportunity 

to see life through another’s eyes and to feel the true gratitude of another’s heart.  

252 pages: originally offered in 2002 

Published 2018


    Hardcover 978-1-5255-3440-9 sold by others

    Softcover 978-1-5255-3441-6 also sold through me $23.99 plus shipping

    E-Book 978-1-5255-3442-3 sold online


My book is now available in hardcover, softcover, and ebook-GooglePlay, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo, and Nook-at:

https://www.amazon.ca/Fragments-Shattered-Soul-Made-Whole ebook/dp/B07KWTFBNS





It’s noted on Google, if you’d like to leave a review there, as well as at Amazon:


If you'd like to leave a review at Goodreads, that's always helpful and appreciated, too:


It’s available through my publisher, FriesenPress. To save on courier charges, get together with friends should you decide to go this route so there’ll be only one shipping charge.







YouTube Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jj1lmEzSXs


Press Release

"Fragments of a Shattered Soul Made Whole" is a book about a woman who has a continual spiritual recovery from childhood sexual abuse, absent father, rape, lousy relationships, foster care, addictions, alcoholism, and multiple miscarriages and marriages. She goes on to have a warm, heart-centred relationship with a loving husband for over twenty-nine years. She learns to develop nurturing relationships, a purpose-filled niche for herself, and beautiful hobbies, which eventually morph into her final career. 

Lyn Ayre is a word-wizard who can shape shift even the most horrific life incidents into palatable paragraphs. She then blends them into a story of an unbeatable spirit who strives to pull the pieces of her life into a coherent whole. 

Lyn puts it best,

"Writing has helped me to weave all of these threads into the tapestry of me. I am unique, as we all are. No two of us are alike. My story will resonate with many who struggle to overcome their demons and find a way to let their own light shine. I used the keys of willingness and faith to unlock my hidden spiritual potential. So can you."


Excerpt from Fragments...

 To Have And To Hold  

... Norm, Daniel and Darlene had planned a surprise. He donned his tuxedo and lay in wait for his unsuspecting partner to walk through the door. I was escorted up to the living room and asked to take a seat on the couch. Then Norm came in and knelt before me with single red rose between his teeth. He told me how much he loved me and what it meant to him to have me in his life. I laughed, cried, and said ‘yes’ when he popped the question.

We set the date for a few months later. One night, as we ate our meal at the Bonanza Restaurant in Surrey, we planned our Wedding Day. Using several napkins, we mapped out the details; who to invite, what to say on the invitations, what to wear, who would be in the bridal party, the feast, the music, the first dance and all of the myriad details that go into planning the ‘big day’. 

We had become close friends with my sister, Victoria, and her partner, Thomas. They were to be our Matron of Honour and Best Man. Our song is “Always” by Atlantic Starr. We asked our kids to sing it for us after we said our vows. We wrote words of love and devotion to say to each other to say in front of our family and friends. Fifty people were invited and we ended up seating forty-two in our living room. We placed candles and fresh flowers on every surface to create a romantic ambiance. Rather than go with a particular colour scheme, we went with several - blue, pink, yellow, green and purple. A sumptuous buffet covered the top of our pool table in the den.

We were sequestered in our room and watched through the window as our guests arrived. Alternately pensive and excited, the anticipation mounted. Finally, we heard the music swell and our escorts were at the bedroom door. We walked down the hall and turned to the left. Just as we came into the dining room, Norm’s knees gave out and we both thought he would fall over. He took a deep breath, found his feet and we gracefully made our entrance.

The ceremony proceeded smoothly until it was time to say our vows. All of a sudden, a plane flew over the house and this set Mom’s dog, Taffy, to yapping. She barked all the way through our promises to each other. But, I heard Norm and he heard me. That’s all that matters in the end. It was a beautiful sunny day. We'd found a love to last. Surrounded by our family and friends, what more could anyone ask. I said a silent prayer of thanks. At 11:17 a.m. on 20May1989, we were pronounced husband and wife.

The reception was held downstairs. We had a dance floor and lots of room for everyone to have a great party. At five o’clock, we decided to make our get-away.

We’d planned a weekend to Harrison Hot Springs as our honeymoon. After a delicious dinner at the Hot Springs Hotel, we decided to have a little nap then take a walk on the beach and enjoy the moonlight before retiring. We woke up ten hours later at 6:00 a.m. the next morning. So much for our wedding night.

“Well, that’s okay.” We told each other.

“There’s always today and the rest of our lives.”

I was craving coffee and so my new husband set out to find me a ‘cuppa’. First, he tried the front desk. They were brewing a pot but it was for the staff only. He got in the car and started searching around Harrison but to no avail. He went as far as Agassiz but still no luck. He drove back to the hotel and spotted a man carrying the black brew. The man said there was a little coffee shop up a side street so Norm jumped back in the car and tore off up the street. He bought us two cups of coffee each and hastily made his way back to our room.

I had started to get worried as he’d been gone for over half an hour. I’d had a shower and gotten ready for a day of exploring. I so appreciated his efforts in getting me a cup of coffee to start my day. I drink two cups in the morning to kick-start the old bod and I really miss it if I don’t get it.

We went into the restaurant for breakfast and then off to see the sites of the town.

After lunch, we were moved to go back to our room and pick up where we had left off the night before...



We hung out with my sister, Victoria and her partner, Thomas. We all had teenagers at home so when we would get together, the old ‘soapbox’ would come out and circulate around the room. It was great to be able to vent openly and get some support from people who were going through similar things to us.

Thomas and Norm were like brothers, very close. They had both grown up in Great Britain and had some interesting ‘sayings’ that always got Victoria and I to raising our eyebrows and chuckling to ourselves.  


One day, we decided to take ‘the boys’ to Victoria for Father’s Day. Not telling them where we were going, we left the house at six o’clock in the morning. Victoria had dug up some blinds for them to wear so they couldn’t see. We drove to Surrey and had breakfast. Then we pulled out the masks and had Norm put on the elephant one and Thomas, the doggie one. I took a circuitous route to the ferry and they were trying to guess which way we were going. It was hilarious.

As we approached the terminal, Victoria got out of the car and walked up to the booth to explain the spectacle, ask for silence and purchase our passage. The looks we got as we drove past the attendant were priceless. I guess he’d seen everything now. It wasn’t until I drove over the ramp that the guys surmised we were going on the ferry.

Arriving in Sydney, we drove on to Capital of BC - Victoria. Our goal was to have high tea at the Empress Hotel. There was time to explore so we walked around the town and ended up at Beacon park. We fooled around like teenagers and had a wondrous and free time for a while.

Then we went back to the hotel to change. I discovered to my dismay that, in the dark, I had grabbed one black high heel and one black flat. I ended up wearing my sandals. We didn’t know we needed a reservation, so our hopes for high tea were dashed. But all was not lost. We headed downstairs and had ‘low tea’ and a fantastic dessert.  


We went to Victoria again for my fortieth. We had adjoining housekeeping rooms with a little kitchen. On the day of my Birthday, the radio was playing and Victoria and I were dancing in the kitchen. We were laughing and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. The guys were loading up the car.

All of a sudden, I was on the floor and unable to breath. From far away, I could hear Victoria yelling “Lynnie, Lynnie!”  ...



The banner is a painting I did to reflect the depth of the journey I've been on for the last two years. The information and all other content on this site is (C) 1999-2019 to Lyn E. Ayre, PhD.  Please respect this.